3/11/2016. Continued work on the underbody preparing for coatings. You can see all of the patched holes, and the rear end cobbled together (before I got the car). I removed all of the factory clips from the interior and under the car. I figured that if I wanted to reinstall something, I could use regular fasteners. I did replace the metal seat belt supports. They were in bad shape, and the fiberglass at the right outside corner was also cracked and broken. I coated the underneath with 2-part Lizard Skin. One part is sound control, and the other part has insulation qualities. I wanted to do what I could to deaden and insulate the floor because there will be no interior insulation or carpeting. As far as sound control goes, the knocking on the panels no longer produces a hollow sound, but sounds more like the panels are an inch thick. Still trying to save the rear air dam.


Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

clear formSubmit